THREADS POEM-Machine Embroidery Design in 2 Fonts
The THREADS poem was written by my daughter Lori while she was in college. The first time I read it I cried, because when she was born I had an abruptio placenta and the red cord of birth literally kept her alive until the MD figured out what was happening. So as she prepared for the birth of her first child, I wanted to gift her poem back to her. The words speak to me of hope and God’s grace. We should never forget what a miracle the process of birth is, and how precious each life that follows the birth.
The Threads poem itself is manually digitized in a script font and a block font. If you have a jumbo hoop you can do the lettering in one hooping. For those who don’t have a jumbo hoop, I separated the 3 verses for 5 x 7 hoop so you can use the larger lettering if you don’t mind re-hooping. The designs for jumbo hoop are supplied in double run and triple stitch, to accommodate the fabric you want to use. Triple stitch is heavier, for a tapestry weight fabric. I am including two corner designs and five border designs for your maximum creativity. Note for the corners you will need to add them after the text is stitched-they are included in the examples to show you the effect, but are provided as separate designs. You can combine any of the corners and/or borders with either font. You will receive a thread order list for the floral embellishments. Please check the design spec sheets for size & stitch count info.
For 10 of these I made as Christmas gifts, I embroidered them on muslin with batilizer; Then I added more batting, did the borders or corners, and backed them with muslin. A sleeve at the top provides the means to hang them. I used a contrasting fabric border to frame them. There is a picture in the gallery of one of them. This project forced me to master mitering corners!
If you prefer a single font style from this set, those are available also.
To see an example of a quilt using my Anemone designs: CLICK HERE
***It is a violation of Copyright law to make or distribute copies of electronic designs or artwork. ©2020 All rights reserved.
- My designs are manually digitized.
- Each design has been test stitched, edited where necessary and retested again until I see they will be trouble-free to sew.
- Tech support is available if you have difficulty with any of my designs.
- Copyright laws apply. You may stitch my designs on items for sale but designs or design sets may not be resold or shared by buyer, alone or in combination.
- I can supply designs by email or on CD, USB stick or floppy disk, including a Designer 1-ready disk. Note that sets with large file size can require several floppy disks.
- Delivery method and media are priced accordingly.
- You will receive a thread list and spec sheet for designs.
- Please select correct format for your embroidery machine when purchasing.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.